Contribute to Stencila during Hacktoberfest 2020
The leaves are changing colours, spooky decorations are sprouting up all over the place, and the cafes are offering seasonal drinks. This can only mean one thing… it’s time for Hacktoberfest !
Hacktoberfest is a month long event where you can contribute to open source projects you care about, and get rewarded in the process. This year the organizers of the event allow you to choose from receiving a limited edition T-Shirt, or planting a tree to help the environment. As all of our projects are open source, any pull requests (PRs) you contribute which gets merged will get you closer to receiving a reward.
How to participate:
- Register as a participant on the Hacktoberfest website .
- Make, and have merged, four valid PRs between October 1-31 to open source GitHub projects.
- That’s it! 🎉
Please take a look at the Hacktoberfest website for full list of rules, FAQs, and helpful resources for getting started.
Good first issues:
To help get you started we’ve created a list of approachable issues which we’d love some help with. If you have questions, or need guidance at any time, please feel free to comment on the GitHub issue or join us on our Discord channel for a chat.
- ↔️ Encoda (TypeScript): Codecs for executable documents
- ☸️ Hub (Python, TypeScript, CSS): Hub for executable documents
- 🎨 Thema (CSS, TypeScript): Semantic themes for executable documents
- 🐳 Dockta : A Docker image builder for researchers
- 🔧 dev-config : Shared development configurations for Stencila projects
If you can give us a hand, that would be awesome 💪. Any questions, join our Discord channel to chat with us.